about.me – dancing to the beat of my own drum
Australian writer, poet, children's author, educator, workshop presenter.
- Follow Helen Ross on WordPress.com
My children’s books
Top Posts & Pages
- Progressive post party for HonieBriggs.com
- About Helen
- The 'Three-Picture story' idea.
- 'What is a Book App and Could YOU Create One?' - Free from 9-13 April 2013
- Creativity takes courage
- A Christmas Tail features in CKT’s October Pitch Ya Book!
- Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas
- A giggle poem - 'Shopping'
- Setting Off
- Night Buddies Adventure series Wacky Words Contest
Tag Archives: kid-lit
I love it when I read/hear that an Indie Book has won an award. So it is great that author Sands Hetherington’s book Night Buddies and the Pineapple Cheesecake Scare is the Winner of the 2013 Next Generation Indie Book … Continue reading →
National Day of Action Against Bullying and Violence is held on March 15. Bullying (including cyber-bullying) should never be tolerated – ever! A staggering one in six children are being bullied each week, according to a 2009 report by Edith … Continue reading →
Well it is the start of a new month, so thought it fitting to start off with an author interview. So it is great to welcome Tawnya Bulger to my writing corner. Tawnya’s book, Katrina: Growing Wings is a small, … Continue reading →
This post has been slightly edited so that direct links are now (hopefully) included. If you are a picture book writer, and you are not a subscriber to Julie Hedlund’s, Write up my Life blog – http://writeupmylife.com – I recommend that … Continue reading →